View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #449
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvels biggest slap in the face!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I found that to be a complete copout. "Nonono, look! That guy pushed his hand and made his finger slip! Our idea could still work!"

Let's be realistic. It's not like they sat down and brainstormed intelligent ways to approach that part of the origin again. It's clearly obvious that this is what pretty much went down:

"I have an idea! Let's make Sandman the true killer of Uncle Ben and have Peter face him! It would create cool drama and stuff! But wait! We just realized that contradicts the idea that Peter could've prevented Ben's death. No biggie. We'll just add this quick simple explanation at the end that we thought up in the span of less than 2 minutes."

Either the message of WGPCGR doesn't exist anymore in the Raimiverse or it has been ridiculously weakened.
What sounds more powerful? This:
"I didn't stop the man who killed my uncle. I realize I should have used my powers responsibly."
Or this:
"I didn't stop the man who ran past the guy that had my uncle at gunpoint and made his finger slip. I realize I should have used my powers responsibly."
"And by use my powers responsibly, I mean murder two people in cold blood, be proud of it, and just get really lucky that they didn't actually die. Then, at the end, I make some self-righteous speech about making right choices."

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote