View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #96
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: Established Catwoman in this movie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I agree with The Batman that Catwoman is overrated as a love interest. Too many people treat her as if she is the end-all-be-all love interest to Batman in the same way Lois Lane is to Superman and Mary Jane is to Spider-Man. The reality is that Batman does not have a consistent love interest like most other major superheroes do and there are just as many love interests of his that are as interesting as Catwoman (or even more) that often get pushed to the side. In my personal opinion, Talia and Silver St. Cloud were both better love interests than her that don't get a chance to shine anywhere as much .
You summed up exactly why I find their relationship so overrated. People love overstating the romantic aspect of Selina and Bruce, when both characters have much better romantic relationships with others. I recently read the first two vols of Ed Brubaker's Catwoman run, and I find that Slam Bradley makes for a much interesting Selina love interest than Bruce does.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote