View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #22
NateHevens
In Defense of Scientism

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Hi! Been a long time since I last posted here... school and work and life and all that...

So am I the only person in the world who just hates Raimi's Spiderman trilogy, even the second one?

Anyways...

When I first saw TDKR, I had nothing but love for it. I saw it in the theater so many more times, including in true Imax. Then I bought the deluxe Blu-Ray box with the broken mask collectible, and watched it again, and have watched the entire trilogy in a row more than once.

My opinion of TDKR has sunk, unfortunately. I really wish it had been two movies instead of one. This Cinema Sins video pretty much sums up all of the problems I have with the film (although it includes other "sins" I don't agree with, as well). For a quicker summary: it should have been a two-part film. There are literally so many questions raised by the film itself that go completely unanswered.

Like... really... how in the heck did Bruce get back into Gotham, anyway?

Overall, though, I don't think it kills Nolan's trilogy. It was still, after everything, a good movie, and the trilogy itself is, as others have said, my trilogy. I will always treasure Nolan's Batman as the trilogy that broke the superhero-films curse, and as the trilogy that saved Batman.

Rises has its problems, no doubt. But, for me, personally, this trilogy is perfect. Not objectively perfect, of course, but for me it is.

My blog.

Member of the extremely exclusive "Saw TDKR on Midnight of the Actual Release Date, and then 4 More Times, Twice in Real Imax" Club.
NateHevens is offline   Reply With Quote