View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #75
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Because that's what Superman is, how he's always been portrayed, and no other interpretation or structuring of the character's learning curve regarding reckless behavior or power usage could possibly be valid.
Agree with your point here, that Snyder and Goyer should be allowed to tell their retooling of the Superman story. That, after a fashion, Man of Steel should be treated as an Elseworlds tale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
That, or people really just cannot use their imaginations, or really need the obvious pointed out to them. To me, the fact that Superman was saving lives by stopping Zod was obvious. The destruction was obvious. The threat was obvious. The likely loss of life was obvious. And I think Superman mourned all of it after killing Zod. But I guess he needs to think everything is his fault or something at the end of the movie.
But if the movie doesn't show or hint at that, and you think that he did, aren't you drawing on the goodness of the character you already know from outside the movie? If you weren't familiar with Superman, would you be able to arrive at that thought from the movie alone? Would it have been obvious?

Last edited by PacificBoy; 09-23-2013 at 05:06 PM.