View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #91
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
No the Jedi, lightsabers and the force etc were barely delved into nor dramatized and addressed in ANH. All we had was the training scene, final Vader vs Obi-Wan duel and the Trench run. Nobody back then, in 1977, knew the Force could be used for levitating, or shooting lightning or for making yourself a blue ghost etc. The film was pretty much the looming threat of the Death Star and running away from the Imperials. Only in Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi we really delve into Jedi stuff and the Force with Yoda and to an extent the Emperor.
None of those things have anything to do with what I mean when I say "dramatizing" and "addressing." Addressing and dramatizing aren't the same thing as "telling us every single detail about it." I've described what I mean when I say those things several times.

A New Hope didn't tell us everything about what The Force is and what it can do. But it showed us that it's powerful, it's mysterious, and it holds the secret to Luke's past and Luke's destiny. It didn't just say "the force is a thing" and only use it when the plot required it. It made us feel what the Force is. Thats addressing. That's dramatization. That's what Man of Steel didn't do for the damage done in the third act.

Quote:
David Goyer specifically wanted to address all that in the sequel and perhaps make the destruction a plot device.

source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...-league-movie/

I'm sure that pretty much screams "reaction shots" and "acknowledgement of the death and destruction" etc. Man of Steel's the cause and Superman/Batman's the effect. All they need to do know is cast their Lex Luthor who'll be pretty much a compelling villain who'll use all that destruction against Supes.
Okay. But none of that was in Man of Steel. Man of Steel is still severely lacking because of that.

Quote:
With comics, you don't delve into everything in the zero issue.
1: Movies and comics aren't the same.

2: You still address and dramatize everything that was in the zero issue.