View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #55
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: "...a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent": Does this not worry anyone els

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
People on this thread depress me. They really know how to suck the fun out of everything with their knee-jerk extreme pessimism.
I could say the opposite thing about the other side. You really know how to absorb the fun from everything with your "knee-jerk extreme optimism".

If you're getting annoyed by the amount of "pessimism" here, best way to get rid of that is to defend the opposing argument. Explain why you think what they're doing is a good idea, why it won't result in either Superman or Batman looking bad, and why it won't change the Batman/Superman dynamic for the worse. If your arguments are convincing enough, more people will warm up to the idea and the "pessimism" will die down.

Plus, what "knee-jerk extreme pessimism" do you see here? I don't see any angry folks or people jumping a gun on anything. All I see is some people saying they like where this is going, and others saying they don't.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote