View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #57
roach
I am the night

Default Re: "...a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent": Does this not worry anyone els

I think you guys are reading way too much into the seasoned, wearily description. I think having an older Batman gives a potential for the two character to learn from each other. With a weary, seasoned Batman we may see him at his lowest. He has been trying to clean up this cesspool that is Gotham and no matter how much he cleans it...it stays dirty and corrupt. A news super villain is created every day. Crazies are coming out of the woodwork just to slap on a costume and fight him. He didn't think he was gonna work so hard for so long. He's at a low point...without hope....that's where Superman comes in.
I'm reminded of a scene from New Frontier where Batman switches from the black bat suit to the oval suit because he scared the kid. I could see that playing out in this movie as the catalyst for the change in costume and in Batman, from night avenger to superhero is the hope Superman brings.

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote