View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #20
Mr. Dent

Default Re: Theory: A3 will not be an Avengers movie but a crossover with GotG and Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
If you're spreading the story out over at least a couple of movies, if not more, then yeah, you'd be taking the New 52 approach to a crossover instead of the Crisis approach, and it would certainly work better. Say for instance, a story that overlaps A3, GOTG 2, and an Inhumans 1 or 2 movie.

But at this point, I don't think Marvel is quite ready to start building castles in the air. This whole concept is based on the notion that audiences will fall in love with these cosmic characters (both hero and villain), but we really have no idea how audiences will react to them yet. That's the biggest problem I have with this whole "save Thanos for the big finale" idea that everyone keeps building their assumptions around --- we still don't know if audiences are going to even care about Thanos. Practically all of us *assumed* that audiences would just love seeing Red Skull and Mandarin onscreen, and that they'd become regular fixtures in the MCU the same as Loki; but the reality turned out quite differently.

Let's cross each bridge as we come to it. GOTG first. *If* that one becomes the blockbuster we're all hoping for, *then* we can start looking past that to explore more cosmic options. Otherwise, don't put the cart before the horse (or however the saying goes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Was just about to say cherokee... there is no way Marvel can have this plan penciled in already when we don't have a consensus on GotG. If the audiences like it, then maybe they move in this direction. Right now, it's only fodder for storyboards and potential long term layouts for the 2021 end game plan, or whatever arbitrary end point they forsee. You want to be as flexible as possible with this stuff, so cosmic is only one branch of it. If GotG bombs, phase III will only incorporate cosmic threats that are centered on Earth bound-Avengers. Heck, I don't even know if Thanos will be a shoe-in for the villain. They may hold him off for PIV if cosmic Marvel needs more time to develop. You could see the Masters of Evil or Kang in Phase III.
As Feige said himself they have plans through 2021. You don't make this kind of universe without planning things out many years in advance. In 2006 they had plans through the Avengers to 2015. So I definitely think this is there primary goal, and their plan A. That doesn't mean they don't have a plan B for if Guardians or Inhumans isn't a hit or something, but just because it's 2013 doesn't mean they don't have this type of movie mapped out and thinking about how to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I'm saying that the Avengers is a crossover event but it's Earth Marvel. A big Marvel crossover is unrealistic for one film and things like civil war were spread out over several issues.

I personally find the idea of Rocket Racoon and Iron Man both lame and forced.
Again, you clearly didn't read the post. I acknowledged it was a lot of characters to handle, and one way around that would be to split the movie Deathly Hallows and Mockingjay style. So it wouldn't be one movie, it would be two.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote