View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

It could just end up like your standard cop show that so happens to have some DC characters in it.

What's funny is I just read this...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...ation/2828983/

Quote:
Q. With Marvel's Agents of SHIELD about to premiere, all sorts of people think a Gotham Central show is totally doable now, too.

A. The book is actually more popular now than when we were doing it. There's been talk of Gotham Central on TV since when we were doing the comic even (in the mid-2000s). Everyone at Warner Bros. really loved it. Chris Nolan after they did Birds of Prey had asked them to just please not do any Batman-related stuff until he was done with his trilogy — looking at Birds of Prey, you can see why. It was not the world's greatest pilot.

Every season, I wait to see if they're going to announce something like that, and just a couple of months ago there was some article in the Hollywood Reporter about them supposedly developing it. I haven't heard any confirmation on it or anything. You can easily see it.

It's bizarre to me. Since my career began, the entire entertainment world has changed the way they deal with comics.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote