View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #43
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So now we have a show about Green Arrow out there, one that's been proven to be somewhat popular with the fans and GA (well considering that it's a CW show) and we're going to be getting a show about the Flash that's based within the same continuity as Arrow and now we're going to have a show about Gordon in his days before he met "Batman".

DC/Warner Bros. might as well establish that all of this is within the same continuity as MOS to save them to the trouble of having to create a larger universe on the big screen in order to make a JL film.
Agree! DC wins when it comes to TV, however Marvel's off to a good start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Problem for me is the chances of the "Smallville" factor coming into play.

If they play it straight,it'll be little more than the average procedural,with some DC name drops.

Or they could introduce watered down versions of villains (Penguin,Riddler,Black Mask,etc,)and we'll be left with Gordon facing most of Batman's villains before he even meets him.

I could do without a series where Gordon doesn't meet Batman til the last scene of the last episode.
Yeah, I felt this show was a little unnecessary but if it ties into the burgeoning DCCU then ok. But seriously... him of all the characters in the DC universe? They could have chosen another superhero property worth doing. Another show on a second tier superhero would've been better like Shazam/Captain Marvel for example. I can't really see much from Gordon. I'll give it a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
It's happening, guys. The DCU is being written and we're going to have our first television meets cinema collision course. Arrow/Flash. Gotham? In Superman/Batman, the Bat is "old; wise. Battle-beaten." Gotham is an origin, a prequel. This is the world Bruce will come from. Come on now, this is ALL going to build up to Supes/Bats 2015 and explode from there.
Let's hope so

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote