View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
Fanged-Hunter
SwiftNinjaFox

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Oh I doubt they go with a cloth/fabric/spandex at all. I was only referring to the comment that no fabric has ever looked good and I thought the Dead End use of it straight from comics looked pretty sweet on the guy they had.

Though honestly what I liked about Dead End was really the cape, the thin leather like look gave it enough flow, particularly on the scene standing up where it kind of looks like he's just melting out of the ground as the cape slides along the floor up to him. That and the cowl.

The damn cowl has been the biggest problem because the actors always wind up in molded rubber or some other material that limits their head movements.

I'm not crazy about the rubber look to the MoS costume (the texturing, not the material, gives a rubber look to me) which was also used in Raimi and Webb's Spider-Man suits to an extent.

I'm hoping for something inspired more by the Arkham games' design. Something that has a bit of a light, flexible appearance but texture to give an impression of kevlar armor or the like. Just not the armor plating look so much.

But I'm not wildly dedicated to anything in particular. So long as it looks good, I'll accept various interpretations of the suit.

Though, c'mon, this cloth suit is still awesome!

Last edited by Fanged-Hunter; 09-25-2013 at 11:18 AM.