View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #71
Masone
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
You of course have the right to that opinion that a crime drama is basically what the show Justified is(I've never seen the show to be honest), but realistically, shows like NCIS, CSI and to an extent Bones are crime dramas as well. So is Law and Order to be honest. Add all of those up and yes, there are numerous crime dramas on TV.
Those shows are procedurals, it's not really an opinion. They are still crime/drama, but they're procedurals. We were specifically talking about serialized crime/drama shows. Procedurals are the shows that have new cases ever week and don't connect the plot episode to episode, an NCIS, CSI, Elementary, shows like that.

Serialized shows are the ones that connect the plot episode to episode, Justified, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, etc.

A serialized crime/drama would be a show like Justified or Breaking Bad. That's what I'm hoping for this show.

Smallville was a procedural. Like most procedurals it had a few episodes in the season that would deal with an over arching plot, but it was mainly a procedural. I watched it every week, but I can't say it was at all good lol.

Last edited by Masone; 09-25-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Masone is offline   Reply With Quote