View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #73
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Foolish posts like this make me think that you've never read a comic.
Gotham Central and The Death of Superman exist in the same universe, why couldn't they in the cinematic universe?
... forgetting the fact that the two are completely separate mediums, but tell me, what is there to gain here? Other than, ZOMG new content for my precious DCCU, losing sight of what the content may actually be? If you are going to establish major villains in the Batman mythos, on a newtork TV series without Batman, how is that remotely appealing to anyone? These villains work as a reflection of Batman, not an antagonist to Gordon and the GCPD. So unless we are talking about strictly a cop drama with Gordon and crew, with a bunch of C-list villains, and maybe Penguin or some heavy hitter, then I can see it. But it would still be your standard police drama on network television. As a stand alone series, you could do whatever you want. Bruce Wayne can come in. Major villains could appear (not that I'd want watered down versions of them). Anything and everything is in the playbook, and the future movies won't have to cater to the television audience at all. That makes sense to me. Before you know it, this cross pollination is going to come off as the biggest gimmick in cinema and TV history. Forget story telling, let's just combine every character and gather the biggest amalgam of audiences for max ratings...

Last edited by Mr.M; 09-25-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote