View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #48
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
Maybe, but I have a hard time believe The Joker can stay just locked away in Arkham or somewhere quietly. Somehow, someway, he would have found a way out within eight years. Joker brilliantly escaped jail once, would they really take their chances with doing the same or similar thing with him again? They likely put him down.

Found Bane's death kind of weak in the movie anyway, there are a million scenarios they could have done with Bane to have him taken out. I guess you could still have Catwoman kill him, but have Blake save Batman. My main point is that they should have done something to make Blake look stronger and more believable as the man to take Batman's place. Taking out Bane or saving Batman would have done that.
Good point. Maybe they put him down. But I actually like to believe that he's in a Frank Miller Joker spot, in some catatonic state once the Dent Act is official and Batman has completely disappeared. Then when Bats returns he comes out of it. Whether they keep him in Arkham or he breaks out, once Blake starts training to become Batman? Who knows. But that's how I see it.

The point is that anybody can be Batman to carry the symbol forward if they really want to step up to the plate. Not many can actually do it, but Blake has the willpower. When you have the willpower plus Bruce leaving him the technology..Blake can now do anything. He'll find time to train and do things his own way. "Training means nothing, will is everything". That's what it's all about.

Blake should not have taken Bane out. Same with Bruce. Having Catwoman do it was perfect IMO. It made perfect sense. She doesn't have those rules. She needs to save Batman from Bane at that point because she was the thing that almost killed him originally when Bane took him out. Like said before, it also humiliates Bane and his large ego. Which is what he deserved. He gets a second lasting death, he doesn't get some powerful triumphant death.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote