View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #88
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
The studio/network for this Gotham show is crossing their fingers this show will last just riding on the fact that it's called/based in Gotham. As a few others have said, Gordon isn't going to keep this show a float. People that make up the general audience, unlike us comic fans who like stuff like Gotham Central(which had Batman's freak villains, which is what kept me reading), want Batman. I don't think this show is going to last very long unless the writing and events that go on are outstanding.
You took the words right out of my mouth. A show set in Gotham without Batman sounds like a ratings disaster to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I think some are drawing a line between what they consider CRIME DRAMAS, like Breaking Bad, Justified The Shield and CASE OF THE WEEK CRIME PROCEDURALS like CSI, Bones, Law and Order and their ilk. My druthers would be more of a CRIME DRAMA.
How many crime dramas, as you've defined them, have been on broadcast, though? I'd feel better about Gotham if it were on cable. As it is, I fear we're going to get something closer to Law & Order.