View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #79
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: "...a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent": Does this not worry anyone els

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I think people are underestimating Sup's experience level...

I mean he's had his power most of his live, he's had to learn how to use them control them since he was a kid. unlike Batman who had to spent several years learning, training and developing his strength an skills as an adult

if anything I'd say superman is the more experienced oner, even if we get an older, already established Batman who's been in the field for 10+ years

Clark also spent the last 10+ years traveling the country using his ability's when ever he could, when ever he need too, to help people

he may not have had his suit, yet, or have been publicly known, but, that doesn't mean he inexperienced
The exact same argument applies to Bruce, even to a greater extent. Bruce started preparing to be Batman when he was 8 years old. He left Gotham at the age of 14 and by the age of 16, he was already more experienced than the entire GCPD. Plus, Clark may have travelled the country but Bruce travelled the whole globe, receiving the best training that money can buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Where has anyone said that this is what we'll be getting, or that this is why Batman will be "seasoned"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
^ I think their basing it on the age of the actors...

since Affleck is 40 they assume his batman will also be 40+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
In other word, it's all rank speculation as usual.
It's not just rank speculation. Everything from the way they're talking about this film points to this Batman being very late 30's/early 40's having a lot of years of experience behind him. You rarely use words like tired or weary to describe someone still relatively young that's been a superhero for just a couple of years. Seasoned doesn't point to a Batman in his 40's as much as those other two descriptions do, but it does make me cautious when it gets grouped with those other two words. There were also reports of WB wanting a Batman in his 40's prior to Affleck being cast, as well as reports of this being somewhat of a loose adaptation of TDKR. We've got to be kidding ourselves at this point if we don't think they'll be going the "fully grown alpha male Batman next to a Year One rookie Superman". Even if we don't know for sure if that's the route they're taking, all or almost all the evidence we've seen up till now points to that.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 09-25-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote