View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #79
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Yeah, the Spiderman-outfit was pretty much what is on the pages, but the MOS-suit hardly was. They left out the trunks, which I know they also did recently with the 52-suit, but that happened more or less around the same time.
But with the ornaments, the bracelet-things, the heavy chainmail-look, the desaturated colors and no spit-curl, it was hardly straight from the pages.
The mesh skin itself is actually a thin layer that was stretched over the MOS bodysuit before the remaining foam-latex elements were affixed.

And yes, Spider-Man's movie costume certainly is incredibly similar to the one depicted in the source material; that's a fact. I think Spidey's look translates much better on film as is (with little need for alteration) though. Superman's outfit, on the other hand, required a modern update. I don't care for the "desaturated colors" and piping around the torso and legs, but everything else is pretty spot-on. The mesh skin (or dimensional chain-mail texture), in particular, gives the suit a very sleek appearance in my opinion.

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 09-26-2013 at 05:20 AM.