View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #971
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Whedon talks A:AoU:

Quote:
"When I think of a great film, I think of something that's either structured so perfectly like 'The Matrix' or made so lovingly like 'The Godfather Part II,'" explained Whedon. "There was haphazardness in the way ['Avengers'] comes together—not just the people, but the scenes. I don't think you’d look at it and go, 'This is a model of perfect structure.' You'd go, 'This is working.' I like it. I'm proud of it and I like its imperfections. The thing I cared most about—making a summer movie like the ones from my childhood—is the thing that I pulled off."
And then later...

Quote:
"I want to be clearer about how I engage the audience, and where I take them," said Whedon. "I want more control visually, more time to prep it. Not that I didn't dictate every shot—I did. But there's only so much you can do when you're making a summer film when the ball is already rolling as fast as it was when I got in. Why do it again if you can’t do it better?"
This gets me excited.