View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #752
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
FOX likes to make money, just like any studio. You don't spend the money and the time in logistics of getting all of these major actors together again purely based on a 'story whim.' There are always industrial considerations. And First Class made less than any other X-Men film relative to its cost. Where do you go from there? You hire back and repair relations with the guy that started it all. He gets the original cast back. Boom - you have instant (nearly) guaranteed blockbuster. Pretty simple logic, methinks.

I don't see a traditional First Class sequel happening beyond this. I just don't see a First Class direct sequel having the same draw -- the anticipation's just not there. FOX knows this -- thus DOFP.

I absolutely agree with you!

If FOX thinks they are gonna make more money featuring the cast that started this series, the cast that is portraying more well-known characters, they would be making more films with them. And if DOFP ends up as the top grossing X-Men film, it would encourage them more.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/