View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #753
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
FOX likes to make money, just like any studio. You don't spend the money and the time in logistics of getting all of these major actors together again purely based on a 'story whim.' There are always industrial considerations. And First Class made less than any other X-Men film relative to its cost. Where do you go from there? You hire back and repair relations with the guy that started it all. He gets the original cast back. Boom - you have instant (nearly) guaranteed blockbuster. Pretty simple logic, methinks.
I don't see it as a whim either. I just don't see it as a plan by Fox to pass the torch back to the OT team.

It's possible, sure, I'm open minded to that. And I wouldn't be surprised if Fox is now flirting with the idea of what they could do with the OT team folks since almost all of them showed up again for DoFP (Halle, Ian and Patick seemed pretty eager at SDCC for more -- the latter two especially: Patrick seemed to be goading Singer into assuring that Xavier would remain "alive").