View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #233
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: Batman physique thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Cavill has elite genetics. I doubt many actors could get in this kind of aesthetic form. I'll be happy if Affleck can look like a guy who looks unusually strong, even if he doesn't have the Olympian quality of Cavill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Yeah it is true genetics play a very large part in how much mass your body can gain and how well you can be shaped, Henry obviously has great genetics and if desired could get even much bigger than he did for MOS.
Genetics are king. There are many people who have trained very hard, put their mind and soul into it to achieve their goals but then they realized they have run into the wall that is genetics. Nothing can be done about genetics. You have to work with them.

Its likely that the best physiques we see are those that had the genetic jackpot to get their extra-ordinary results. Gerard Butler's trainer said almost apolgetically that Butler has insane genetics.

Cavill I agree too has very good genetics. He has the natural V shape Mark Twight said, broad shoulders, thin waist, that is an aesthetic ideal in body-building. For MOS, they put more muscle in the right places and emphasized it even further. Even a six pack as opposed to a four pack or eight pack is genetic. Arnold famously had only a four pack. Cavill has an eight pack.

So yeah, great genetics with world class training and nutrition gives the best results.