View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #234
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: Batman physique thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
I disagree considering despite a solid upper body it appereared he had chicken legs. This is not an insult to his hard work and effort just pointing out your statement is incorrect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I have to highly disagree, he was doing plenty of squats and leg exercises with Gym Jones and filled out the suit very nicely on his legs, chicken legs? I think not, chicken legs are dudes who don't work legs at all maybe he lacked there compared to the rest but again that's not chicken legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I'd say his upper-body genetics are superior to his lower body genetics. Similar deal with Hugh and his legs being a little smaller proportionally to his upper body.

I give both guys credit though for working with what they have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
You don't know what chicken legs are.

"Chicken legs" are very thin, bony legs on a man or a woman; they basically have no shape or curve whatsoever. In sharp contrast, some people are genetically gifted in the sense they have naturally strong/muscular thighs and calves, the latter in particular. Others have to work at it. Of course, like you said, (even if one already has good legs to begin with) lack of symmetry between the upper and lower body can give the appearance of one or more scrawny body parts. Cavill certainly does not have chicken legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
CHICKEN LEGS?

it was a joke right?..
Gym Jones hit legs very very very hard. They wouldn't allow skipping legs at all. Here is what Cavill said about legs.

The amount of back squats, the amount of time I spend hobbling around a set because my trainers beasted me with leg work is just uncountable. I may be a crippled Superman, but at least I’ll have great-looking legs.

Legs are a very big muscle group, I feel more drained on leg day than on any other. When you are trying to get big, training legs is a great idea because, your legs being such a big muscle group, if your legs grow, it will encourage the rest of your body to also grow.

So Cavill did a sick amount of squats. Here are some of his personal bests in a health magazine.

435 pounds for deadlift
365 pounds for backsquat