View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #141
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Yeah, I've read what they've said about it being closer to the source, but I'm sort of in a "believe it when I see it" position. I believe them when they say he'll where a costume that isn't a hoody and that he'll be called the Flash, but that doesn't tell me that it won't be a compromised, dumbed-down version of the character and his world. Len Snart, CEO of Cold Incorporated, and all that...
Yeah, and unfortunately I could see that sort of thing happening.

The TV show is really disappointing, IMO. I remember when there was that pseudo "announcement" at Comic Con that we were getting a Flash movie, I was so pumped. Then a week or two later, WB is like, "Well, actually, we're launching an Arrow spin-off about the Flash on the CW."

Anyway you look at it--even if you're a big fan of Arrow--that has to be a huge letdown. Because while TV has gotten really good over the past decade or so, let's not kid ourselves. This isn't going to be the Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones of superhero shows.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote