View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #542
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You know, I do hope that this film really establishes as to why Thor and Jane are so attached together because if we go by everything we know of now, their feelings are currently just based off their attraction towards each other, heightened perhaps by the fact that they never got a chance to take off and see what more there was for 2 years after they met each other.

Give this relationship some substance and not just show it as a relationship where two people like each other because the other person just so happens to be attractive, etc.
Thor is attached to Jane because being banished to Earth was a punishment before he met her. She helped Earth become a place that Thor not only appreciates, but also loves. She is also part of the reason he became worthy to lift Mjolnir once again. She helped him learn humanity.

Jane is attached to Thor because he's a being from another world. Thor is her research personified. Any normal person would be fascinated by Thor, but for someone like Jane who's essentially a social reject who believes in beings from other dimensions. She's not only fascinated by him, but she's elated by his mere existence.

I feel like I'm the only one that has understood this since the first film. Sure it could be fleshed out more, but it has always been "established."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote