View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #761
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I know this isn't popular, but despite how good First Class was, I'm glad that Matthew Vaughn left the project as a director and took his misogynistic and juvenile tendencies with him. Vaughn had his shot, and he succeeded, but let's get back to someone who actually cares about the world and its characters.

I also agree with this saying that this movie is not a passing of the torch back to the main cast. The focus on the 70's, the fact that this is basically the First Class sequel, are all clear indicators that this is the new cast's franchise now. I wouldn't expect Cyclops or Jean back, Jackman (from what I know) has hinted that this could be it for him as Wolverine, Patrick and Ian aren't getting any younger, while McAvoy and Fassbender are still under contract, Jennifer is a star right now and still under contract.

It seems to me like we'll have 2 trilogies by the end of it, the main trilogy, and a First Class trilogy (X-Men: First Class, X-Men: Days Of Future Past, X-Men: First Class 3), along with 2 Wolverine movies, and any potential solo sequels, and then apparently we're getting X-Force which will be another spinoff of the universe. Also, if they ever move forward with Deadpool, there's a Deadpool spinoff waiting to be made as well.

That's a LOT of movies.
I think we should wait till we actully see the ending of DOFP and see how sucessful It Is before we start speculating on future. WHo would have thought we would get 8 actors from OT in DOFP.Some here said they couldn't
get them back.

It depends on where they want to go In future. DOFP came about due to LSD wanting to do storyline and Bryan Singer wanting to do a Godfather part II kind of story.

The only thing we know about post DOFP plans Is them planning X-force.And i am very skeptical of that being set In past.But come may 23 2004 we will get an idea by how DOFP ends what is plan for future.