View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #148
Glassjaw
In training

Default Re: "Gotham" the TV Series coming to Fox -- how will effect the new Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
This is just my opinion, but I'd love to see this incorporated into the DCMU. They have the starting point in MoS, so they can plan for the same tone. I think that most of us agree that the dream pick would be Cranston as the lead for both this show and on the big screen.

The more that I think about it, I would be fine for introducing most DC superheroes via tv outside of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. I just want that world to be as fleshed out as possible.

*I still haven't caught "Arrow," so I'm not sure how that and their Flash will fit.
I too want it to tie into the film, but however they do it, it's going to get so confusing and convoluted quickly. If one tv series ties in with the DCMU, then they all have to essentially.

Okay, they don't have to , but how weird for audiences would it be if say Gotham tied into the movies, but Arrow didn't, despite having two members of the Justice League. Then you have a brand new Flash film establishing the character, right before a different Flash gets his own CW tv series, all the while the Gotham TV show does tie into the films.

It's weird right? I mean can anyone else see Gotham and Arrow, on two separate networks, crossing paths/universes?

Have these projects been dreamt up one at a time, and don't actually add up to anything i.e the opposite of Marvel's playbook?

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote