View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #22
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: What if people/AIM are selling/distributing powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think it would be cool if they took a Doctor Who approach to magic and made it where "magic" is just another form of math except while we use numbers, "magic" uses words, symbols, and certain objects to form and solve "functions". A certain input leads to a certain output.

And really that's an idea they can expand on, since I've only seen one episode of Doctor Who use magic/sorcery and that explanation was given very briefly. So Marvel could really own that idea in pop culture.
There is a closer analogue: the Ultimate characterizations. If they incorporated that (sans the dueling banjos,) it would not compromise the structure of the MCU.

Having said that, I would be fine if they went either way for the source of her powers. As posters better than me have said, Whedon is skilled at handling the supernatural.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote