View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
My first thought originally was that he was a clone. But if that were the case then there wouldn't have been a need to create a memory of him recovering on a beach (which we all know didn't happen). They could have cloned him and he would never have been the wiser.

Also..he keeps saying it was a "magical place" which I feel plays real significance to what really happened to him. I'm still saying real magic came into play.
Imagine what SHIELD's scientists would have had to do to get a clone body into which they could insert Coulson's memories. They would have had to grow a copy of him from a few cells into an adult, then they'd have needed to wipe that adult's mind of whatever personality or individuality it had and implant the memories of another version of itself in it. It would also be necessary to give that clone all of the scars and markings that Coulson himself had acquired in five decades of living. It would be like that awful movie The Island, but instead of taking body parts from clones to save the originals, SHIELD would have harvested the clone's entire body to resurrect Coulson.