Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Speaking of basic reasoning ability...

I have claimed nothing of the sort.
Really? These are some quotes from you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collected Sayings of The Guard
the lack of imagination and basic reasoning ability in this thread...boggles the mind. ...

I could really care less what Mark Waid thinks about it, because other than the fact that it's ultimately just another opinion, his argument is also full of the same fallacies a lot of fanboys have been spouting (Why couldn’t Superman take Zod elsewhere? Come on, people, use your brains). ...

I can think for myself, and don't need a movie to tell me how to feel about destruction and people being in danger, and what it all means. ...

An intelligent film viewer still realizes that they did happen. ...

I guess if you yourself forget that it happened, and if you need to be told that it mattered for it to matter to you...

You know, I'm going to ignore all the opinions, and the stuff about how the loudest noise in a movie is the climax, and how antagonist VS the protagonist has nothing to do with the plot of a film and so on and just address these little bits...

People seem entirely unable to separate the event within the film from what the some fans know about Superman. ...

To me, it's the fact that people say "This feels tacked on", as if they are unaware that dealing with the villain is kind of an integral portion of storytelling and film, or implying that the sequence itself is shoved into the rest of the movie, when in fact it occupies its own space. I also don't think some here understand story structure as well as they thnk they do, and I don't think people used the phrase "tacked on" right in this instance anyway. ...

What strikes me about this debate is that people are sort of simultaneously overthinking and underthinking things at the same time. They're nitpicking some irrelevancies and missing some subtleties. And I think that's largely because a lot of the analysis is designed to support a conclusion about its quality made based on what people wanted to see, VS taking the film for what it is. ...

I read through the pages of debate on this, and I just kind of giggled. ...
Let us know when you earn your stripes as an authority figure.

Either that, or be more respectful.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 09-29-2013 at 11:34 PM.