View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 01:56 AM   #287
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
While I have fleshed out my complaints about Goyer, I realize it is fair that I praise him for the parts of the film he did well. On the structural level, I enjoyed the incorporation of elements from Morrison's run on Superman; I enjoyed every scene with the Kents; I enjoyed his interpretation of Kryptonian technology; Zod was a terrific character---he had understandable motivations, but horrible ways of fulfilling them (like Nero from Star Trek 2009); I enjoyed the scenes between Lois and Superman; I enjoyed how Lois was able to hold her own ground against forces stronger than her (that is one of Goyer's strengths: he writes women well. They can hold their own against super villains, without having super powers or tech); and I liked how he established several threads that can be explored in future films (Luthor's presence, Supergirl, among others.)
But! But! But...shaky cam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
To me, Man of Steel just felt to me like Snyder and Goyer tried to make Superman look less, and simple next to Batman, like yeah Superman is good, he's cool, but not as interesting as Batman.