View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #41
D.P.
Banned User

Default Re: An Argument For A Batman Who Is At The Peak Of Human Conditioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Whenever I think of Batman, the most logical body type is Lennox Lewis. In fighting condition, Lewis was 6' 5" and 250lbs. He was extremely agile for a heavyweight, and his muscle mass was functional because it was packed on very long limbs. He had the kind of body that made it difficult to get inside on him, and he was strong enough to rattle an opponent with a single punch.

Moreover, that kind of frame would be difficult to manipulate. As a vigilante who would randomly encounter multiple attackers, Bats would have to have a body and mindset to take out opponents as quickly as possible. That means strength and mass combined with martial arts expertise.

Now, could someone like that have gymnast agility? Probably not, but it's not out of the realm of extreme plausibility. That's where Batman exists--the outer edge of physical perfection in every aspect.
I don't know, Lennox was pretty damn huge man. I would imagine my ideal real life version of Batman to be built like a gymnast or Olympic swimmer.

At first mention, you'd probably roll your eyes at the thought of Batman being built like a gymnast or swimmer, but those dudes are solid yet slim and not as bulky. It would allow for him to perform feats of agility but also kick ass.

Found some more examples of Bruce being a peak level athlete:

Blindfolded gymnastics...

The balance of a Grayson...

Tight situation...

Last edited by D.P.; 10-01-2013 at 04:12 AM.
D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote