View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #297
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: David S. Goyer IS the Script Writer! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
The point is, your explanation for why other people disagree with you is consistently that they are dumb.
Which I also haven't said. You're taking a couple of quotes from me referring to intelligence completely out of context.

I have said nothing about anyone being dumb.

Quote:
That's not it. The consensus of legitimate criticisms against the film and the script among professional critics, a lot of forum posters, people who work in the industry, et cetera is not due to people being less intelligent and less wise to you. If you see someone wiser than you, like Mark Waid, state a point of you that is different from your own, you should pause and reflect, really seriously reflect, rather than say "fallacies spouted by a fanboy who should use his brain".
I don't recall discussing a "consensus" about the film. I address specific points, not a broad consensus.

And you assume that I do not reflect on other people's opinions, when in fact I do. I didn't say "fallacies spouted by a fanboy who should use his brain".

I didn't even imply that. I never said that the ONLY thing in Mark Waid's argument were fallacies. I said "the problem with his argument is" and then pointed out that he has made some of the same illogical arguments that some fanboys have, and have continued to repeat about their issues with this film.

Quote:
You, on the other hand, simply assume he's making dumb arguments.
I never said anything about him making a dumb argument. I never said I didn't agree with him at all, either.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night