View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #548
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Thor's appreciation for mankind and the reason he becomes worthy again are directly connected to his relationship with his brother and father.

Jane has absolutely no effect on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If the goal was for Jane to be the person that helped Thor in learning “humility” during his time on Earth in his first film, then I don’t think the concept was well executed.
Sorry, but I gotta disagree with both of you. This is something I've understood from the very first time I saw the film.

To say that Jane has "absolutely no effect" is downright disrespectful to the writers. Jane (Along with Selvig and Darcy) were with Thor for his entire stay on Earth. The only thing that Thor did after finding out about Odin's "death" is drink with Selvig and then hang with Jane on the roof. Odin's death had almost nothing to do with it. The reason he becomes worthy again are directly connected to his relationship with humanity. There's a reason that the moment he gets his hammer back is when he sacrifices his life to save Jane and the other people of New Mexico.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote