View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 03:54 AM   #169
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman's fighting style - new Batman, what should his fighting style be like ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I'll play along. Bruce is a master of every fighting style on earth. I'd like to see some of the more exotic moves in his skill set like nerve strikes and pressure points.

Hi-res scans below:

Great collection of Bat-fu ! (that's probably what I should have called this thread).

Just as long as he doesn't use the five-point-palm-exploding-heart-technique (or Drunken kung fu, ugh !)

Personally, I agree that Batman would have some skills with pressure points, but in keeping with a more "realistic" (I didn't say real-life, I just said realistic), wouldn't want to see too much of that - but I'm biased about that stuff, because in real life it's damn hard to pull off, and
about 20% of the population are immune to nerve strikes anyway. I've seen top instructors come across someone like that who won't react
no matter how much they prod or poke specific spots ( guess some people
are just wired differently).

However, seeing Bats use painful joint-locks, carotid-artery chokes, and other precision strikes would be good - a more surgical use of pain,
certainly a bit more finesse than Bale's Batman - who went from being
pretty skillful in the first film, to a mere slugger in the last film).

That's just my opinion though,
(that Dim Mak stuff, finger of death......not convinced ).

Anyway, great post, thanks for weighing in !

Peace.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote