View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #271
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Default Re: Superman's power level - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
The scene of the SV battle gave a pretty good example of how strong the kryptonians are. ( mo-cap man ) threw a locomotive at supes from about a half a mile away. thats roughly 250,000 lbs.
Supes handled him, or held his own pretty well before that, so that tells me they were just about even strength wise.
supes had the advantage of flight and heatvision.
Supes was stronger at this point, and stronger than all of the other Kryptonians, and I think this was born out right at the end with Zod, when Supes was able to get the strength advantage over him to force him into a choke hold and pin him down reasonably well with Zod trying to break the hold or even fly up.

What we don't know is how long Zod and co. did spend on Earth prior to the encounters. It was clear that they knew that Supes coming on board Black Zero was going to render his advantage (the scientist even said that his abilities were no good on the ship, so clearly he knew). I'm guessing that Zod's crew knew the effects similar to the way Jor-El predicted them and probably made a trip or two to Earth before the first world message and would have had some time exploring the changes.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote