View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #114
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the power hierarchy in SHIELD would mean that a new guy at the top *wouldn't* be Hill, but Jasper Sitwell instead.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
In the One-Shot, he seemed to be an equal and a close colleague of Coulson, and when Coulson "died," it's not unreasonable to assume that Sitwell could have taken his position as Fury's right hand man, or "good eye" or whatever he called him. And if Fury gets kicked to the curb, at least temporarily, HYDRA could pull strings to put Sitwell in as Director. There's that scene with Sen. Stern where they share a "Hail HYDRA," and it just doesn't seem like a powerful US Congressman would be getting chummy with just a regular SHIELD field agent.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So what would happen to Hill? For that matter, what would also happen to Falcon and Hawkeye in that case?

I am still saying that Fury is replaced by Hill because I don't see a radical change happening with Agents of Shield.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10