View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #22
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Silver Surfer vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
honestly, it seems like you are basing your opinion off this one fight alone. You said you haven't read a lot of thor, and unless people read Thor, you really don't know how powerful he really is, and how much heart he really has when he cuts lose. And my friend, this isn't it.
Well I am not just basing it on this fight, I have seen/read a good few Hulk/Thor fights and never seen Thor win, also I have seen/read a good few SS/Hulk fights as well and never seen Hulk win, so as well as this fight, there is the fact that Surfer beats Hulk every time he fights him and yet Thor very rarely beats Hulk.

Also Surfer beat Beta Ray Bill, who is the equal of Thor, with ease, not to mention in The Annihilators, Ikon identifies the Surfer as the most powerful of the team by some way and this team includes Beta Ray Bill also.

Quote:
You've got to take my word, and everyone else's word here, that this fight is not Thor cutting lose. Thor, under his own power, Thor cutting lose is a whole different monster than this fight shows. Thor's holding back is almost involuntary now, he has been shown, on panel, to forget that his holding back, and forget that he has more power and strength than what he is using. I have read a lot of Surfer in the past, and my opinion is that thor written correctly, without holding back takes on the surfer. Thor had the power to knock out the surfer BEFORE his powerup in about 4 or 5 blows. Surfer has been powered up, but not too much. The fight we are talking about, a few years ago, where the scans were posted, it wasn't any different than anything other fight.
I know Thor is powerful, from what little I have seen of him (though I say little, I have read at least 5 TPB's in which he had a major part), but Surfer has the edge for me.

Quote:
Do you think this surfer can take on Thanos?
Nope, but I dont think Thor could take on Thanos either. Its not like I am being biased. I am bigger Hulk fan than SS fan yet I acknowledge Hulk has never beaten SS in a fight and isnt as powerful as him.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote