Thread: X4:Apocalypse
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #47
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Default Re: X4:Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ A story about a dystopian future ruled by a being of imense power that believes in survival of the fittest, caused by the accidental death of Prefessor X in the past, seems like a great story to me. And AOA, just like DOFP, resets at the end. Once Apocalypse is defeated and the past is fixed, you're back in the normal timeline with Xavier alive and everything fine.

And there are many cool places to go from there, including:

- Days of Future Present (An X-Men and F4 crossover)
- The Mutant Massacre (Could lead to Angel becoming Archangel)
- Asteroid M (with Fabien Cortez, etc.)
- X-Cutioner's Song (Crossover movie after Cable is ontroduced)
- The Phalanx Covenant
- The Shiar Empire (Hey, if we can have a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, than why not the Shiar? Deathbird and the Starjammers could be cool)
- X-Tinction Agenda
- Fatal Attractions
- Onslaught
- The Dark Phoenix (Once Jean's brought back)
- The Brood
- Inferno

So I'd say there are many good stories to tell after they do Age of Apocalypse!

I'd still rather see a bit more buildup first as Apocalypse is the greatest threat. Somebody like Emplate, Omega Red, Stryfe or Donald Pierce would be a major step down. Even Hodge, Selene, Sinister and Bastion are considered lesser threats. Jumping right into Apocalypse isn't the best idea, particularly when Bastion has a connection to DOFP and could convince Apocalypse to wage war on humanity, while Sinister also has a history tying him to Apocalypse.

That and DOFP creating an even worse timeline would suck as it would render the previous film pointless. Making the present even worse would be a horrible post-credits scene that would establish a cliffhanger that nobody wants to see. I'd much rather see somebody smaller in the new timeline set up Apocalypse as a larger looming threat, particularly when X-Force is being done before X5.

Having Cable appear as a time traveler bent on preventing the AoA from happening is the best way forward. Have X-Force and X5 set up X6 where Apocalypse appears as a villain similar to how he appears in Louise Simonson's X-Factor Run as well as The Twelve and Apocalypse Solution. Something which establishes the father/son relationship with Cable and Cyclops and gives an X-Men role to Angel. I'm not impatient. I can wait on Apocalypse if it means doing a better series.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote