View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #13
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong. Not sure if you've ever seen the underrated superhero movie The Shadow (1994) starring Baldwin (ahead of its time), but he was a badass and played the combo of wealthy playboy/dark hero. He had the looks for Bruce, as well as the voice and attitude for Batman. In his prime, Baldwin would've most likely killed it. If Keaton did it well, Baldwin could have also.

Here's the opening scene from it. His voice alone is awesome. Obviously over the top because the tone of the film was pulpy and very different than Batman'89, but you get the idea. The Shadow's laugh is also pretty awesome but obviously wouldn't be a part of a Batman movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJX60CSED1s
I actually haven't seen this movie. I take back my Clooney comment . I always knew he would have made an awesome Wayne but now im thinking he would have been a solid batman. Thanks for the link guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I think Baldwin might've been good, but there's no real way to know for sure. I think Bale essentially ended up being the 2005-12 answer to what people imagine 80s Baldwin could've been. No huge loss in the long run, I'm glad we got Keaton. His quirkiness fit Burton's take on the character.
Interesting point. Id say solid. He could have been greater but we cant know that. I loved Keaton's quirky Bruce but thought Kilmer looked the part much more. Val played the solid Bruce and meh batman (not his fault). But ill say that Alec would have been a way better Bruce than those guys, on the level of Bale.