View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #38
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Nolan used Batman like a tool to make psychological thrillers, he completely screwed the Batman character he hijacked the Batman essence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
No he didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
It's the truth you should accept it.
While I would be the first to say that Nolan stripped Bats of much of what made him, his rogues gallery, and his world as a whole, special, in an attempt to stay as far away from the "comic booky" elements of the character, I'd NEVER go as far as to say he, as you said, "completely screwed the Batman" and "hijacked" the essence of the character". Because he didn't.

Christopher Nolan did fantastic things with the characters and the universe. And in many ways, captured the essence of Batman in a way that hadn't been done for. Now that's not to say he didn't fail by not embracing EVERY facet of the character that makes him special, but he didn't completely rob him of his "essence" either.

And to be quite honest right now, your claims that he did is "the truth" and that we should "accept it" just makes you sound like a delusional purist and anti-nolanite.

Now that's not me trying to insult you and bring you down. But the proof is in the pudding.

If you didn't like Nolan's take, fine. Many didn't and don't. But please, for the sake of everyone else's sanity (if not yours), stop take your opinions to the extreme and/or parading them around as facts. Because at the end of the day, all of what your saying is your opinion.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 10-11-2013 at 10:32 AM.