View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #43
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
While I would be the first to say that Nolan stripped Bats of much of what made him, his rogues gallery, and his world as a whole, special, in an attempt to stay as far away from the "comic booky" elements of the character, I'd NEVER go as far as to say he, as you said, "completely screwed the Batman" and "hijacked" the essence of the character". Because he didn't.

Christopher Nolan did fantastic things with the characters and the universe. And in many ways, captured the essence of Batman in a way that hadn't been done for. Now that's not to say he didn't fail by not embracing EVERY facet of the character that makes him special, but he didn't completely rob him of his "essence" either.

And to be quite honest right now, your claims that he did is "the truth" and that we should "accept it" just makes you sound like a delusional purist and anti-nolanite.

Now that's not me trying to insult you and bring you down. But the proof is in the pudding.

If you didn't like Nolan's take, fine. Many didn't and don't. But please, for the sake of everyone else's sanity (if not yours), stop take your opinions to the extreme and/or parading them around as facts. Because at the end of the day, all of what your saying is your opinion.
Great post, and I'll just add...I found it odd that he said "has hijacked", as in present tense...like Nolan has somehow done irreparable damage to the character of Batman (which is ludicrous for endless reasons).

First of all, he chose to walk away when he would've been welcome to continue making Batman films at WB indefinitely. Second of all, the next Batman we get on screen will be one that shares a world with a superpowered alien. Just with that alone, it's already a very different take on the mythos.

I'm expecting a very different characterization too, but IF Batfleck somehow ends up being a watered down imitation of Nolan/Bale's version, then only Snyder and Affleck would be to blame for aping it. I don't think that will be the case though...each director/actor so far has put their unique stamp on it.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158