View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #27
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Default Re: Silver Surfer vs Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^Its been a while since Thor has beaten him though, that is the point of the thread, in terms of todays version of the characters, which the thread creator specified, I think Silver Surfer takes this every time.

Also, Hulk has beat Thor A LOT more times than vice-versa, and yet Hulk has never beaten SS, ever.
You mentioned previous fights and I answered you, which makes it logical that I talk about the same things.

Even in the most current comics there's plenty of disparity to make things hard to judge. In the Avengers Assemble comic Thor seems to be written pretty poorly and doesn't come across as that powerful (as far as I read, which wasn't that far as I didn't find it to be very good) while in Thor: God of Thunder he has an extremely big feat where he absorbs energy that was meant to kill every god that have ever existed, basically becoming a god for the gods. Very different portrayals of Thor in parallel comics.

As for Hulk vs Thor, Thor has almost always held back (and as for canon comics, I don't think they are very far apart in victories at all). I don't remember Hulk ever winning when Thor doesn't. As for Hulk never beating SS, SS has never beaten Thor which is the more relevant point. It wouldn't even matter if Hulk had beaten Thor every time, there can be a rock paper scissors situation. Thor vs Hulk is only relevant if you want to look at Thor vs someone he hasn't faced but has faced Hulk.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote