View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #901
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Yep. The moment where she drew attention to Rachel's picture in Wayne Manor while seducing Bruce is what really spelled it out for me. She really was pure femme fatale. What's interesting is I've heard some arguments that Rachel was a femme fatale in her own way too.
If anything, I think Rachel was inadvertently so. She tried being honest with Bruce, but he simply refused to see the truth in front of him.

In TDKR, it seems that Selina is supposed to be the femme fatale, but that role is really Tatelia's. Yes, Selina is mysterious and sensual, and uses her feminine wiles to trick men, but she was always more or less honest with Bruce. Aside from locking him in with Bane, of course. (Although I'm not sure what else he expected, since she did do what he asked of her, no more and no less. Did he really think she would help him fight Bane? )

Tatelia seems on the outside to be pure of heart like Rachel was, but showed her true femme fatale-ness at the end. That trickery makes her the ultimate femme fatale, I suppose.