View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #903
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
He probably expected Selina to not lock him in with Bane.
Yeah, but the fight still would have happened. And I don't think Bruce would have tried to escape anyway, gate or no gate.

it would have made it harder for him to leave if he'd been victorious, but being locked in anywhere has never stopped Batman.

I actually wonder now, if "You've made a serious mistake" was in regards to her believing that she could save herself when dealing with Bane. And she interpreted it as "I shouldn't have led him to Bane" (like the audience surely did) instead of "I shouldn't have thought I could negotiate with Bane." Although we do see her trying to flee immediately after, so maybe she got his point too.

I mean, Bruce really did have a death wish at that point, and expected only one of them to walk out of that fight. If Selina hadn't led him to Bane, he would have found another way. She just happened to be the most convenient avenue. Perhaps that's why he isn't all that angry with her when they meet again.

Last edited by Anita18; 10-12-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Anita18 is online now   Reply With Quote