View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #35
Frodo
Side-Kick

Default Re: Should this have a Batman Villian and if so who should it be?

I think a 7 year gap is long enough. Sure there fans and people who will compare Heath to the new guy, but that'll happen whether the gap would be 7 or 17 years.

I wouldn't have a problem with Joker being introduced in BVS , but any villain they bring in should fit the story and be useful for the MOS world as opposed to putting them in for fan service. In that sense , if putting Joker in kinda derails things then I wouldn't think it would be a good idea.

But the fact he's been used before isn't enough for me to be against Goyer including him. If they have a good story to tell in which he has a real contribution to it, then I'd rather have him in there then trying to put in someone like Black Mask or ManBat just because they haven't been done before.

On the the other hand , if Goyer and co come up with an original villain who's good enough to stand with the best of the best rogues then I'd be okay with that as well. That route could work because you could tailor the character to work in both the Superman and Batman world's without having the baggage of trying to shoehorn a square peg into a round circle.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote