View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #513
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
It seems like its just you me and Travesty. The other people are too blind to realize that it's not the same exact suit without trunks. It's not. They took the classic suit and ****ed with the details and made it look horrible.

It's same in the sense that there is a black symbol, a yellow belt, black cowl, grey bodysuit, black gloves, black boots, but just because it retains those basic elements doesn't make it the same. There are some obvious changes and I'm just not a fan of them at all
I'm with you guys too. I think the best way to describe the New 52 suit is to compare it to the Superman Returns supersuit. All of the classic elements are there, but the execution and the details are completely wrong, in particular the materials and the proportions. I think one of the worst parts of the New 52 redesigns is how all of the new costumes appear to be made of the same shiny, metallic armour-like material, right down to the seams from Superman's Kryptonian nanosuit to Batman's human-made batsuit. For Batman, who is supposed to be one of the grittier human heroes, the look makes no sense. It does not project creature of the night vigilante or noir/pulp detective whatsoever. The shininess reminders me of the Schumacher suits, but at least they had proper ears. Don't get me started on Lee's short little DareDevil ears and visible human ears through the side of the cowl.