View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #986
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I totally agree on how talented and versatile Amy is, she truely is that. I actually think despite her tremendous versatility however, Lois Lane just isn't in her particular skill-set. And I think all actors have one, because, y'know they are human too and no human being can pull off any character on-screen. Everyone has a skill-set and Amy's happens to be massive.

While I think the writing really let her down and didn't get the chance to explore her much (I actually feel we got to know Margot's Lois better than Amy's.) And yes, I do feel she tried hard and acted her socks off, I still think Lois just isn't exactly in her skill-set. If you're a Hollywood director, for instance, you have to know actors skill-sets, because if you have a particular chracter in mind, you want to know who can pull off that character. That's when you start looking at actors skill-sets. Of course it does often come down to audition though. I guess Amy just nailed her audition.
In what way is "Lois Lane not in her skillset"? That might be true, but given the writing, I submit that we can't possibly know.

I can't think of any other role involving Amy Adams that she hasn't nailed. She has 4 academy award nominations for best supporting actress in The Master, The Fighter, Doubt, and Junebug. She was also praised for Enchanted, and early reports are that she rocked in Her and in American Hustle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I went into the movie with an open mind. But to me, she was playing a strong gutsy reporter woman and the love interest/ girlfriend of Superman, but she wasn't playing Lois Lane.
You mean she played her role as specified by the script?

Here's a query for you:
What personality imperfection does Lois Lane in MoS have?

Answer:
none.

That's how shallow the writing was.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 10-12-2013 at 11:53 PM.