View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #525
In Defense of Scientism
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
I wouldn't want it that big, one thing I dislike about Ross's work is that he often makes the Superman and Batman logos so large that they often get distorted by the characters bodies, however the symbol in TDK/TDKR was way too small, and hidden by the excess of details covering the suit. I think a symbol about the same size as the one we saw in Batman Begins would be good, honestly can't figure out why they changed the symbol for the other movies.
I think the change was sort of forced on them. It may have been a compromise for the type of Batsuit they were going for...

That was perhaps my only complaint about the TDK/R Batsuit; the logo. The chest did not have to be segmented that much. They could have kept the logo intact with a one-piece on the chest. I don't really understand why they didn't.

On a different topic: is there a comprehensive list of all the Batsuits ever featured in every medium Batman's ever been in? You can see a link in my signature where I ask for such images, but no one ever really responded, and the one picture I can find is horribly drawn and missing so many Batsuits! I'm trying to collect pictures of all the official Batsuits ever featured so far, then I want to start on the concepts and fanarts drawn by people. I'm just looking for a collection, and it may or may not develop into a video project, depending on my time. If there's at least a list out there that I can use to do Google Image searches from, that'd be awesome.

My request for pictures of all the Batsuits.

My blog.

Member of the extremely exclusive "Saw TDKR on Midnight of the Actual Release Date, and then 4 More Times, Twice in Real Imax" Club.