View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #105
Binker
Side-Kick

Default Re: OK...its time.....Man of Steel vs Superman Returns - Part 1

Something that I hated SR for (along with other reasons) was a) they couldn't decide how much of the Reeve films was this film's backstory, thus creating problems and confusion, and b) they lied over what the film was about.

After the film was announced, Singer was on a radio show where he revealed that the Reeve films were being put into context; establishing Superman and that he had done heroic deeds before his disappearance. Those words would mean all four Superman films will in canon, but vague as in only the generalization of those films. For example, instead of everything that happened in Superman IV, maybe it would be only use the good parts like Superman becoming a global hero by removing the nukes. But later, they said Superman I & II was a vague history, which stayed until the film was being filmed where it was the only first film, and they stayed with the prequel comics they did. "Vague history" was already confusing already, and they should've been more clearer, but overall it was just confusing over what was canon and not in this film. To the point where when I or we had questions over how or what things happened or referenced, our explanations could only offer very little. The biggest was Lois and the if II was in canon; how long did the baby develop inside her womb until she realized she was pregnant? Isn't it funny that she realized that after she and Richard hooked up? Did she know already? Does she remember she and Superman having sex? Etc, etc, etc.

The other part of Singer and co. lying about the film. Here's what I mean: from the beginning until the release, we were told that SR was about Superman returning to a world that is different, much more dangerous, and above all like Lois, no longer needs him; shaping his story as someone trying to find his place in the world much like how he did from the beginning. Does that sound like the movie we got? Nope. SR was actually about Superman returning home, and while he is welcomed back with open arms by the world, he isn't by a very angry Lois, who wrote an article with that anger, and he is trying to find a place in HER world/life. What we were told was a lot more interesting versus what we got instead. So yeah, they lied to us.

P.S. given what was revealed over what SR2 was about, I'am glad MOS exists.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote