View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #47
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Default Re: An Argument For A Batman Who Is At The Peak Of Human Conditioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I don't know, Lennox was pretty damn huge man. I would imagine my ideal real life version of Batman to be built like a gymnast or Olympic swimmer.

At first mention, you'd probably roll your eyes at the thought of Batman being built like a gymnast or swimmer, but those dudes are solid yet slim and not as bulky. It would allow for him to perform feats of agility but also kick ass.
There's nothing wrong with Bats being like a gymnast if this was an origin story, so I wouldn't roll my eyes. But, according to WB, this is supposed to be an "older,grizzled" Batman, not a 22-year-old version. I'm not sure I've ever seen a middle-aged gymnast or swimmer in the Olympics. If so, they were only the exception that proved the rule.

It seems to me that Affleck (based on a couple of recent pictures) is going for something like the Dark Knight Returns Batman. Now that version was idealized, so Affleck probably won't be able to get that bulky, but I'm guessing that is the template.

Last edited by Lantern Venom; 10-15-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote